Dear future Elevate Interns,
As I come to the end of my time spent with Elevate this summer, I can’t help but get fired up when I think about all you are about to experience. Being an Elevate intern will be nothing short of a remarkable few months. I can confidently say the opportunities you are about to receive are opportunities that you will not find at any other company. This internship is going to stretch you, encourage you, teach you, and challenge you in ways that you could never expect. Before you begin this adventure, there are a few things you should know…
- You are not JUST an intern. You will never feel as though you are any less significant than the rest of the Elevate team. Each and every person will immediately treat you as his or her equal. No one cares how inexperienced you are or how young you are.
- Your voice is always heard. Never be afraid to share your insights or ideas with the rest of the team. I can assure you that what you have to say is not only valuable to you, but also valuable to every team member who is listening.
- Professional fun is encouraged. There will be moments for you to participate in dance parties, confetti cannons, virtual reality, and adult sized tricycle racing. DO IT. Don’t think that you need to be “heads down” every second of every day because you’re trying to make a good impression. We value relationships more than we value anything else.
- Balance your work and play. We believe in working just as hard as we play. Every person on this team is passionate about their role at Elevate and strives to put 100% of their effort into every task they are given. You will be expected to complete challenging tasks, not because you are being tested, but because our team wholeheartedly believes in the capabilities of our interns.
- Take the time to have intentional conversations. At Elevate, we don’t just view each other as coworkers. We believe everyone has a story to tell and everyone’s story is unique and important. Take the time to learn from your team members and engage in their stories.
- “Yes and…” is not just a saying. You will learn that every idea shared with the team is quickly followed with a “yes and…” response. Meaning, we believe in encouraging ideas and helping each other put those ideas into action by consistently giving valuable feedback. Be prepared to receive a “yes and…” for your ideas, but more importantly, learn how you can give a “yes and…” response to your teammates.
Life as an Elevate intern may be short lived, but promises to be deeply rewarding. I hope you leave Elevate feeling the amount of encouragement I have felt over these past few months. You are going to learn more than you can currently comprehend, and I promise you will have a blast doing it. Welcome to the team!
Summer Marketing Intern